2022 for many people is anybody’s guess to what churches and ministries will look like. Some have new ideas, and some are still figuring it out. With what we see daily from our government or read in the news, it still is not certain. What has been changing is the way churches do things (methods) but what shouldn’t change is the mission. As Carey Nieuwhof said, “The Mission is eternal, but methods will change. Being willing to change will always fuel your mission.” Change is not always easy, but the results can certainly be worth the effort.
With this in mind, the Apostle Paul’s words help us to see today’s challenges as opportunities for a greater impact for the Lord’s Kingdom. With prayer and encouragement for one another, “pressing on” is a banner we can all hold high!
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
Use the following Scriptures to remind you to "press on " in faith, hope and determination each day.
(1) 1 Corinthians 9:25, NLT All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.
(2) Galatians 6:9, NLT So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
(3) Romans 12:2, ESV Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
(4) 1 Timothy 6:12, ESV Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
(5) Hebrews 12:2, NASB Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(6) Hebrews 12:1, ESV Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
(8) 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NLT Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
(9) Romans 15:13, ESV May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (Amen!)
(10) Philippians 1:6, ESV And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Amen!)